Sunday, January 9, 2011

Quality Content

Today is Sunday, a great day to rewrite an article.
I took the article I spoke of yesterday and completely rewrote it, it was a complete embarrassment.
After about 4 hours of research and rewriting I have something that I'm fairly proud of.
It offers legitimate advice and help to those in need of the subject matter. I have republished it and hopefully you do indeed reap what you sow.
Lets talk a little here about tracking your articles. I was checking out the stats again and noticed that there are a lot of keywords being typed in to search engines to get to my article that are not the ones I tailored the article towards. They are however in the same ball park. Should I write more articles on the same subject targeting them?
Might be a good experiment, think I'll try that when time allows.
Apparently social bookmarking has a large part to play in getting traffic to your articles. What happens is every time you use a social bookmarking site to book mark your article, it creates what is known as a back link. A site linking to your site. Now depending on the credibility of the site you book mark on Google will basically take this as a suggestion from the site that the content has validity. Google has a different level of trust in each of these sites and this will correspondingly increase your chance of being indexed for search quickly.

So sites like Twitter, digg and Facebook have a lot of clout with Google. Nice way to get free traffic to your site or article etc.
Have a good relaxing Sunday everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment